Are you happy that LEGO is Continuing KKII?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

Are you happy with KKII in 2005?

Yes
50%
No, I would prefer a different line
46%
No, I would rather have no castle in 2005
2%
Other
2%

Total votes: 48

Dragon Master
Merchant

Are you happy that LEGO is Continuing KKII?

Post by Dragon Master »

Are you glad that TLC is sticking with KKII for 2005 (As opposed to no castle, or a similarly designed Castle line)?

I know that I am. I think it is a good sign for the future of castle. Just look at KKI for instance, it began and ended in 2000, and it took 4 years to produce a new line of Castle. I also think that it is great that there are new shields, armor designs, and colored accessories coming with KKII to help create some variety in armies. I need to place an order soon to get some KKII 2004 parts before they all get sold out.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

I take it that "prefer a different line" means "prefer a different Castle line". Easy, different! Edit in: And peeking down at Formendacil's reply, I take it that means "a different Castle line available now without several years of delay". Equating "a different line" to mean "nothing this year" isn't quite a fair question, and not what was intended, I think (of course, if you are happy with KK2, the distinction doesn't mean much). :D

Not sure a different one would be any better, but the whole Jellybean/Power Ranger/Saturday Morning Cartoon approach doesn't appeal to me. I'm glad there is a Castle theme - I just wish there was a better one.
Last edited by TwoTonic Knight on Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I am quite pleased that KK2 has been extended, considering the improvement that has been shown in the upcoming sets (not perfect, by far, but they are definitely improving), and the fact that had KK2 been discontinued, we probably wouldn't be seeing ANY Castle for a year or two.

That doesn't mean I think the new KK2 is perfect. Far from it!!! But it's getting better, and its a heck of a lot better than nothing.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I'm glad Lego is continuing castle, but I'm not real thrilled that they continued it with KK2. I just got the Main Street Legend set (10041) and was very thrilled. I wish Lego would go back to making these type of sets (Castle or not).

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I want different Castle stuff, but if the jelly bellies were turned into normal colours it would be ok.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Hard to say...

I guess it's better then not having castle at all. Still...

Another approach might have been better, a less colourfull one...':D'

Joel.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

I'm happy, they've showed great improvement and like was said. Rather have castle now than none for years.
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

I'm glad there still making Castle LEGO. The 2nd line is much better then the first and I can't wait to see the 3rd line. :)
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Trick question? :P

As opposed to no castle, this years upcoming sets hold some hope. The sheer number of shadow knights makes it appealing, along with dk red euro armour for Vladek and the return of ovoid and heater shields, with better designs.

Minifig packs of shadow knights would be good :D

Fact is, we may never see the "good ole days" again. On the other hand a more historically reflective line may follow KK2 (similar to Classic Castle) We have what we have and I am glad that there is better offerings this year, IMHO.
Troy T. Moore
Thrall1138
Freeman

Post by Thrall1138 »

Over all I would just like it if lego started re-releasing every classic castle set. Especially black falcon, crusaders etc.

Failing that I would like a new series that is just as serious as the older sets and doesn't have barbie blue colors :x .

Failing that, I wan't my old greys back... :cry:
My Brickshelf Gallery: [url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thrall1138[/url]
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Obviously, as a KK2 fan, I'm very happy that Lego is continuing it. Whilst it may not be the best Castle line, I'm still staying with KK2.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

I'm not all that fond of KK2, so I really don't care if they continue it or not. I simply have no place in my MOC for most of the pieces. I don't have a place for the figures either. Except for maybe the shadow knights, I find that most of the characters are simply too absurd with their multicoloured armour. I wouldn't mind seeing this armor in gray or black though.

Fortunately, this line is improving, and KK2 yr2 actually has a few parts that I might use. Still, I'm not sure I can justify dropping $100 for a large set when I will only use maybe 5% of the parts.

Thank goodness for Bricklink!
Norro
Councilor

Re: Are you happy that LEGO is Continuing KKII?

Post by Norro »

I hate to go back over covered ground...

but the real sticking point for me is the new grey, as I've decided not to use it it takes all sets usefulness for parts down... And that's about all most new lego sets are good for. It is hard enough to salvage parts for your money from KK2 without having to lose an extra 15% to bley...

Nathan
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

I'm happy that tey continued KK2, I mean have you seen the new sets? They look awesome!!! It's better to have this than absolutely nothing!!

Sir Drake wrote this. :twisted:
Jacob C.
Councilor

Post by Jacob C. »

Over all I would just like it if lego started re-releasing every classic castle set. Especially black falcon, crusaders etc.
Amen to that!!!

"Give me Black Falcon, or give me death"
[url=http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Majhost Gallery[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]