MOC: Accessory Pack

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

Is this a good idea?

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes: 15

Azaghal
Landlord

MOC: Accessory Pack

Post by Azaghal »

Given that the 10066 is no longer available, and since there are many examples of people making their own accessories for LEGO Castle (I think I would be correct in pointing out Red Bean and Blasterman, for example), I thought that TLC might be interested in purchasing some of the designs and incorperating them into a new accessory pack.

Of course, the aforementioned Red Bean and Blasterman might not be inclined to sell their designs, since they would probably not be allowed to produce those pieces anymore.

What do you think?
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Why would they do a thing like that? There are too many complications...our best bet is to hope for a new Castle set of weapons for KK2...
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Are you asking for a new accessory pack, or an accessory pack which includes designs from the aforementioned designers?

Allthough I wouldn't mind a new accessory pack, I very much doubt that LEGO would wish to purchase the accessory designs from either Blasterman, or Redbean. You must remember, these accessory packs probably do not conform to US children's safety laws. Furthermore, I'm not sure what it would cost for LEGO to produce the proper injection molds for these parts, but I'm sure its probably cost-prohibitive.

IF LEGO does elect to make a new accessory pack, it will probably include several of the newer elements from the KK2 line. Whether these elements would be coloured, or produced in bley is anyone's guess. The only item I might be interested in some black armour to go along with my black helmets. That being said, I really don't care if LEGO produces such an accessory pack or not.

Later.
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

LEGO purchasing modders' equipment? Never happen.