Push down/ light up lightsaber figs.
19%
New colours/ changing of old colours.
27%
Juniorisation/ unnecessary new molds.
18%
Removal of chromed lego.
3%
New minifigs with white pupils in their eyes.
3%
Stickers which cover more than one brick.
13%

Total votes: 62

00Psyren00
Laborer

What do YOU hate the most???

Post by 00Psyren00 »

Can you think of any others? :idea:
I want EVERYONE to look at this and vote in the poll please.

This issue needs addressed... :arrow:

Replies very welcome.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Interesting poll.

To cover all the options:

Flesh toned minifigures.
Now, I prefer yellow-skined minifigs over fleshtone any day, but fleshtones aren't useless. I've used some NBA players in several castle and space MOCs, and the pale flesh can be used for a corpse. :twisted:

Am I the only one here who actually thinks this is cool?? :?

New colours/ changing of old colours.
This has been discussed over and over and over. The dead horse is more that beat. I like the new colors, but would like them even more if they only added to the LEGO color pallette, and didn't replace the original colors.

Juniorisation/ unnecessary new molds.
Juniorisation bothers me, but I, personally, have seen a steady DECREASE of juniorisation since 2003. Yeah, 1998 through 2002 were probably the worse years around, but those are behind us now. Juniorsation it not my biggest worry.

Removal of chromed lego.
Strange as it might seem, I voted for this one. I don't personally own the new type of 'chrome', but I hear is a very poor quality, easily rubs off, and looks quite dull. I love chrome pieces, from greatswords to 1x2 grilles. I might be suddenly stocking up on both if this does turns out to be another replacement.

This is one poll question I don't understand at all. This is a bad thing? I really, really like the addition of pupils to minifig faces, it makes them much more 'realistic'. Now, I know some of you are classic smilie hardcore fans, but for me, the more realistic and unique the minifig face printing, the better! :)

This bothers me some, but since I never apply stickers anyway, so it isn't an issue.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

I think that the Light-ups are the most stupid thing TLC could do, You can't take apart the minifig and the minifig's head turns around like crazy! :?
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

As Nathan did:

Flesh toned minifigures.
I honestly don't care a whole lot. As long as yellow figures are still available, it's good. Heads can be swapped, as can hands. No big problem. It's more the over-detailed expressions that bug me...

Push down/light up lightsaber figs.
I have absolutely no use for these, and I doubt I'll buy any sets with them in, unless at a low price. I don't really care much, except the fact it will bump the set prices higher.

New colours/changing of old colours.
As said, this has been overdiscussed, quite obviously. But without a doubt this is what I hate most. Everyone's heard all the arguments, so there's nothing more to say.

Juniorisation/unnecessary new molds.
It's annoying, and says something about the general population of kids...but as long as other models are still available, it's okay I guess. The Designer line rocks, as does the UCS line and stuff. It's not like more basic parts have been replaced, so it's okay.

Removal of chromed lego.
I've never seen this new chrome firsthand, but I use chrome so little it probably won't make much difference. It's similar to the colour-change problem, only on a much smaller scale. But this one doesn't bother me as much.

Heh, now this I haven't even thought about. I'd prefer them with solid black, but it's no big deal.

This has always been an annoyance of me, though the low quality of some stickers is a much bigger issue. Sets such as the Sopwith Camel have stickers that begin to peel and flake very quickly, and then look awful. Generally, I put all the stickers on UCS sets or other display sets, and then leave stickers off all the rest. If I could have my way, all stickers would be printed directly onto the bricks instead!

-John "J1A3L5" Langrish, who hopes it is obvious he voted for the colour change.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Jails and Nate covered all the issues for me :)
I hate the unnecessary mold and juniorization. The flesh tones annoy me and I haven't see one of these light up figs so I can't decide for them. However I love the new eyes with pupils.
HenrytheV
Gentleman

Post by HenrytheV »

I was wondering, can you take the lightsaber blade off the light up jedi? If not, I hate them :twisted: I wish lego would bring back the old colors, but the new ones are easier to get.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=HenrytheV]My Bricklink Store[/url]
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

I voted stickers that cover more than one piece, I sort of like the new colers, I don't like the light up figs more then reguler, but I don't think there that bad.
Nate and J1A3L5 pretty much covered everything.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

I'll give it a go.

Flesh toned minifigures

What an awful idea. They just don't fit in with my idea of what LEGO is about. I believe that minifigs should be race-neutral. And what's worse, these guys don't fit well with my existing collection.

Push down/light up lightsabers

Not really a bad idea. Its a nice gimmick for kids. Still, it reduces the value of the minifig considerably for those of us who are parting out our sets.

New Colours THE BLEY CRISIS

For me, this has been the worst thing to happen to LEGO!! Nothing has been more damaging to my collection than the new colours. I simply have invested too much money into the classic colours to receive this change positively.

I know that some of you don't get it, but for those of us with large collections of grey, this was a disaster!!

Juniorization/new molds

Its getting ridiculous! And LEGO wonders why their products don't sell as well as they used to. For a company that makes its money from children's building bricks, you would figure that they would be able to come up with a few brick-based solutions every now and then! I don't need any more oddly shaped bricks in colours nobody has ever heard of!

Removal of chromed LEGO

I don't really care about this one. I've never been a big fan of chromed bricks. They don't really mesh that well with the other bricks. I actually prefer the pearl (semi-metalic colours). Chrome is over-rated.

New minifigs with white pupils

Sure, why not. Minifigs have been adding new faces since the introduction of the pirate line.

Stickers covering more than one brick

If you don't like them, you don't have to apply them. Problem solved.

That being said, I clearly hate the colour change more than anything else. No surprises there.

Later.
Snap Dracone
Freeman

Post by Snap Dracone »

To add to the list of reviewing the choices...

Flesh-toned minifigures:
I have few objections to these. They're only on the movie-based sets, and I tend not to use many heads from those lines, and the hands can be swapped out. Besides, Lando and Mace Windu would look better that way, I believe. My objection is to the light skin tone, which looks nothing like any skin I have ever seen.

Push-down/light-up lightsaber figs:
I have decided aversion to these and as such, they got my vote. You can't use the torsos (most of which would be excellent in Castle), you can't remove the hands to get rid of the lightsabers... shall I continue?

New colors replacing old colors:
We all wish LEGO had just made them seperate colors, but it's not terrible.

Juniorization/new molds:
Why do the juniors get the Pirates and Castle back? I don't hugely object to the new molds, but I don't see why Lego had to make a bunch of new pieces "for juniors." I was playing with System at age 5, at latest, but I don't remember well before that. However, it doesn't (usually) infringe upon the themes which I like.

Removal of Chrome LEGO:
I was unaware they had removed it wholly... I have plenty anyway.

New minifigs with white pupils in their eyes:
Nothing bad about it... I dislike it on the Harry Potter sets, but those had really glaring (not emotionally...) pupils. Otherwise I barely notice it.

Stickers which cover multiple bricks:
I've never liked these, but they are removable...

So there you have it. Down with light-up minifigs.
–Snap
What's the point of having a cake if you're not going to eat it?
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I chose the changing of old colors. I just don't like the new ones. Aside from the flesh-toned figs, I really don't like any of the other options either. Once I have enough flesh tones figs, I'll probably use them as another race in my world, so I really don't mind the flesh colored figs.

Will
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

What bothers me more than anything is the insane number of printed discs, bricks, tiles, and slopes, and printed cockpits that the Star Wars line has given us. There has got to be some way to achive that look with bricks.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
chump
Peasant

Post by chump »

What bothers me more than anything is the insane number of printed discs, bricks, tiles, and slopes, and printed cockpits that the Star Wars line has given us. There has got to be some way to achive that look with bricks.
How do you achieve that look of a printed object (disc, brick, tile, slope or cockpit) with just bricks? Could you clarify?
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Considering how nearly all options are even.... perhaps you should've added "all of the above". Although, I do have uses for the flesh tone minifigs... :wink:
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I haven't even seen these yet... I'm curious as to what they are... so I didn't vote for that...

The other issues don't bother me too much... I don't like the color change, but I'm really not good enough at MOCs to let it affect me all that much. The sticker thing doesn't really bother me because, as was said before, sticker suck anyway.

Juniorisation... well, that's just life. And I think that Lego is actually trying to find a middle ground to satisfy the kids and the AFOLs, so the future could be brighter rather than darker on this side.

I've never seen the figs with pupils, although I'm guessing I won't like it... I really just like a typical minifig face - but I'll stay open-minded about this until I come across it.

now... the flesh colored figs... that's just heresy! I admit, I hadn't thought of using them for corpses, but still, I only need so many corpses! And with the castle line being only so-so, I need to be able to mix the finer elements of SW and HP with my collection to have some creative room. This really kind of limits how many HP sets I feel I can buy. I realize I may be acting a bit picky here, but nevertheless, I think that this is going to far in altering the state of the minifig. Yellow minifigs work... don't change it!
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]