Roman formations with KK2

Discussion of general LEGO topics
00Psyren00
Laborer

Roman formations with KK2

Post by 00Psyren00 »

Would it be possible to make a roman "tortoiseshell" formation using the KK2 rectangular shields?
If it is can anybody show me a picture of it being done please :?:
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

I’ve tried doing the Tortoise Shell once or twice before but with little success. The shields (in my opinion) are too narrow while the figs arms don’t move in a way that would make it easy to get the shields to property line up, especially when the figs are holding weapons.

Hmm… maybe I should try it again. I’ll let you know if I find a way to make it work.
"a man will give his life for a mystery, but not a question mark."
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

I've actually made this formation with the oval shields and it looked great. I'll see if I can take a digital photo.

I had the front row "kneeling", (sitting with the legs turned backwards). Then I had the back row standing directly behind the row that was kneeling. Then I had two more similar soldiers next to the first two just one stud away. The shields covered almost the entire area with spear sticking throug the only gaps.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Redaxe wrote:I've actually made this formation with the oval shields and it looked great. I'll see if I can take a digital photo.

I had the front row "kneeling", (sitting with the legs turned backwards). Then I had the back row standing directly behind the row that was kneeling. Then I had two more similar soldiers next to the first two just one stud away. The shields covered almost the entire area with spear sticking throug the only gaps.
I would like to see this.. :D can you take a picture soon?