Classic Castle Roleplay Planning: September 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Re: Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: August 2005

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Greetings Roleplayers!

Questions and comments regarding the CCRP should be posted here. Additions to the continuing epic should be posted in this thread.

Let the adventure continue!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

OK, I have 6 things to say:

1: Lemon_Squeezer2, you shouldn´t feel embarassed or leave the roleplay. Everyone makes mistakes.

2: Shouldn´t Enlighten be added to the dictionary as a curse? (Maybe it is but I haven´t seen it) But maybe it would cause confusion with ninjara beliefs.
"Well, offer a prayer for the Sun and the Enlightened One", he said and grinned at Kor who had grasped the hilt of his sword.
3: Will there be a viking faction in Dametreos? Maybe this has been discussed before but it must have been a while ago... That would be totally awesome anyway. Raiders from an island north of Dametreos or whatever.

4: Here´s Takemasa. I posted him in July but I suppose you missed him. I´m sorry to have used him before but he became entwined with Hidemitsu and Kor before i realized that you hadn´t added him :oops: .

Name: Kukishinden Takemasa
Background: He´s the younger brother of Hidemitsu. He admires his brother and is also a student of him. He hasn´t got much of a talent for fighting but he makes up for it with his stealth skills.
Faction: Ninja
Place in Hierarchy: None
Equipment: A dagger, katana and some shuriken (both bo (spikes) and senban (blades) )
Other: He has a knack for handling animals and has a pet falcon. His relationship to the falcon seems a bit more intimate than most master-pet relationships are and the falcon and Takemasa seems to understand each other fairly well.
Looks: He resembles his brother pretty well but he´s younger and more slim. He dresses in loose fitting black clothes.
Class: Secondary Character

Pic: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Maedh ... kemasa.jpg

5: Pic for Hidemitsu: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Maedh ... emitsu.jpg

6: I just totally love this and want to thank all who participate in it :D (Just needed to say it.)

EDIT: 7: Welcome back, Formendacil ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Maedhros wrote:2: Shouldn´t Enlighten be added to the dictionary as a curse? (Maybe it is but I haven´t seen it) But maybe it would cause confusion with ninjara beliefs.
"Well, offer a prayer for the Sun and the Enlightened One", he said and grinned at Kor who had grasped the hilt of his sword.
It being a "real" word, you're right it might cause confusion.
Maedhros wrote:3: Will there be a viking faction in Dametreos? Maybe this has been discussed before but it must have been a while ago... That would be totally awesome anyway. Raiders from an island north of Dametreos or whatever.
Yes, there will be a Viking faction in Dametreos come October. That's when the LEGO Vikings will be available in the USA.
Maedhros wrote:4: Here´s Takemasa. I posted him in July but I suppose you missed him..

Name: Kukishinden Takemasa
Background: He´s the younger brother of Hidemitsu. He admires his brother and is also a student of him. He hasn´t got much of a talent for fighting but he makes up for it with his stealth skills.
Faction: Ninja
Equipment: A dagger, katana and some shuriken (both bo (spikes) and senban (blades) )
Other: He has a knack for handling animals and has a pet falcon. His relationship to the falcon seems a bit more intimate than most master-pet relationships are and the falcon and Takemasa seems to understand each other fairly well.
Looks: He resembles his brother pretty well but he´s younger and more slim. He dresses in loose fitting black clothes.
Class: Secondary Character
Oops, sorry about missing him! I'll work on him today along with Tony's and Dan's characters.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Lord_of_the_LEGO wrote:Oops, sorry about missing him! I'll work on him today along with Tony's and Dan's characters.
No problem. Thanks :)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Maedhros wrote:Welcome back, Formendacil ;)
Danke schön! Grazie! Thank you!

It's good to be back! Nice posts, everybody, in August.

And now, for my triumphal return! :twisted:
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

2: Shouldn´t Enlighten be added to the dictionary as a curse? (Maybe it is but I haven´t seen it) But maybe it would cause confusion with ninjara beliefs.
Well, I think 'Shifty Brick' is used as a curse word, and I'm pretty sure that's another name for the Enlighten Bricks.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Formendacil wrote:
Maedhros wrote:Welcome back, Formendacil ;)
Danke schön! Grazie! Thank you!

It's good to be back! Nice posts, everybody, in August.

And now, for my triumphal return! :twisted:
Maybe it was stupid to say welcome back actually since I live in Europe :P

And I look forward to see new posts from you too ;)
- Augustinus Hipponensis
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

lord of the lego> i sent you an email but i don't think you got it so should i post my characters here?
My life is based on a true story.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

babyjawa wrote:lord of the lego> i sent you an email but i don't think you got it so should i post my characters here?
Did you send it recently? If so, he has been busy with starting college.

In any event, the answer is "yes".

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

I sent it almost a month ago
My life is based on a true story.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Okay...

Normally I don't gush over other's peoples posts, even the really good ones, but today I feel inspired to comment on not one, but TWO posts. Maybe it's something in the water. Maybe it's the jetlag. Maybe it's the whiskey.

Wait, it can't be the whiskey. I haven't had any.

Whatever it is, there were two posts to the Roleplay today that I was really impressed with, for some reason. Neither of them were mine. The first was TheOrk's. That post was great. Maybe it's just nice to see someone other than me wrapping up his personal epic. The other was Tony's sock-blowing introduction of Maerl, showing us just what the tyco the Wanderer is doing in Dametreos, anyway, and giving us a thirst to hear a great deal more about this secret- and hinting at an awesome story to come.

So kudos to the two of you. Great job.

Oh, and Nathan- that was a really awesome post opening up the thread. So witty, lengthy, and thought-provoking. I loved it. :P
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

So, here´s a new character. Please tell me if there´s anything you don´t like.

Name: Mircea "the Dragon"
Background: He´s a fierce warrior who has raised quickly through the ranks of the Order of the Dragon and became Grandmaster. Very little is known about his origins but it is whispered that he was born a Fright Knight.
Faction: Knights Kingdom
Place in Hierarchy: Grandmaster
Equipment: Two-handed axe and "Armor of the Dragon".
Other: He´s said to possess some kind of True Sight which has given him an uncanny ability to notice evil and corruption.
Looks: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Maedh ... mircea.jpg
Class: Main character

And here´s some info about the order of the Dragon, I´ll add it to the dictionary if you confirm Mircea and the Order.

Order of the Dragon, The Military order Founded by king Leone IV of the Knights Kingdom in 1937 in response to Fright Knight raids in the northern parts of his territory. A paladin whose true name is lost to history but who was simply known as "the White Flame", claimed to have seen "the Dragon" in a vision and preached that the Dragon was the people´s only hope for salvation. He got a few loyal followers and they managed to defeat the raiders. The thankful king founded the order and made him the first grandmaster. The Order has it´s headquarters in the city Dashria on the border to the Fright Knights and frequently battle Fright Knight raiders.
Most of the Knights Kingdomers view the small but devout order as nothing other than a strange fellowship of fanatics but some view them with outright hostility and call them heretics.

Armor of the Dragon, The magical armor No one knows the true origin of this suit of armor but it was first seen when "the White Flame" rode into battle in it. It´s said to be blessed by the Dragon and shield the wearer from fire and death magic.
It has passed won from Grandmaster to Grandmaster and is now worn by Grandmaster Mircea.

And here´s another one to spice things up a bit :twisted:

Name: Laurentiu
Background: The inhabitants of castle Milash have always feared the dark. Other Fright Knights disdain them and think that they are weak. But somehow the castle has stayed in the same family for generations despite the inhabitants "weakness". What neither they, nor their neighbors know is that a greater force sleeps below the castle. A force best left alone. However the events of the last years has made the ancient move in it´s slumber. The weather around the castle has become worse for every passing year and the shadows in the castle get longer and longer while it´s inhabitants are slowly driven mad...
Faction: Fright Knight (probably)
Equipment: Nothing
Other: He has the ability to leave his body in it´s slumber and also read, and leave impressions in other people´s minds.
Looks: Unknown.
Class: Minor Character
- Augustinus Hipponensis
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

The first was TheOrk's. That post was great.
:shock: :D

Thanks! It's great to here people like my work. This site rocks.
Last edited by TheOrk on Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I don't think that there's any problem with the character, Maedhros, but you need to clarify whether he is a Western Knights' Kingdomer (KK1) or an Eastern Knight's Kingdomer (KK2). I assume that it a KK1 from the description, but as you haven't made it clear, some clarification would be appreciated.

And yes, once approved, it would be a good idea to put that blurb in the Dictionary, as you noted.

Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Formendacil wrote:I don't think that there's any problem with the character, Maedhros, but you need to clarify whether he is a Western Knights' Kingdomer (KK1) or an Eastern Knight's Kingdomer (KK2). I assume that it a KK1 from the description, but as you haven't made it clear, some clarification would be appreciated.

And yes, once approved, it would be a good idea to put that blurb in the Dictionary, as you noted.

Yep, Western Knight´s Kingdom it is. I saw the Ork had said that they were somewhat religious...
- Augustinus Hipponensis