Inspired by TTKs eyemask viking helm

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Inspired by TTKs eyemask viking helm

Post by LEGOFREAK »

A couple more shots when public

totally inspired by TTK's Viking with a nose guard and eyemask!
swordfish
Peasant

Post by swordfish »

Hey, that looks really cool. Good job!
Where is the axe from? It's a really cool axe as well
Just a question, what does the bat lord helmet (that's the one you used, right?) look like now, with the front part cut out?
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

Great job freak. I really like the combination of the fright knight helmet and that ummm.. whatyamucallit helmet.
My life is based on a true story.
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

whatyamucallit helmet.
Flared helmet seems to be the preferred term.

Excellent job, Freak. Though I'm not sure about the two-tone look... I'll have to stew over that.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

wow... that was pretty fast working Freak... but it looks nice! It would seem as though TTK is starting a Viking Customization movement here... :!:

Is that a traditional helm with the front of a batlord's helm glued in? I'm a bit unfamiliar with most of the new viking stuff, so correct me if any of that is from the viking sets...

Nice of LEGO to give us another theme that fits so well with traditional castle for inspiration.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Haha! Yet another spectacle helmet! I love it. That Bat-Helmet was bjorn just for modifications.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the axe so far. Looks like the prototype for one of Jeff's weapons (and since it uses a flat unbeveled edge, that would be the first set).

Oh hey, I don't have the yellow and blue shield - which set does that come in (only got the two boats and fortress so far)?
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

yup thats a little armory axe.
the shield is from the dragon set, the medieval howitzer thing. came with one shield and two stickers.. you get your choice.
the two tone is from a picture I remember seeing of a burial mask in a national geographic. had a silver helm with a gold mask. really cool looking.

anyhow - thanks for the comments! :D
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

Very nice job, freak, I just love what you do with the accessories. However.... I think that silver is just a bit too silver.... IMHO. And that's just being nitpicky.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I'd have to agree, the batlord helmet isn't really good for anything other than cannibalizing :twisted:

My favorite part is the two colors.

Great work!
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Lord Mikal
Archer

Post by Lord Mikal »

lil Jon wrote:I'd have to agree, the batlord helmet isn't really good for anything other than cannibalizing :twisted:
Well, I like it... *dodges tomatoes*

I don't care for the fact that it stick out from the fig's face, but other thn that you did quite a good job. Maybe a little rub'n'buff to dull the helmt, though... Nah. Good piece, all around.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mikal1]My Brickshelf[/url]
Azure, a saltire cantoned with a star in chief and in base and two crescents addorsed in the flanks, argent.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Very cool LF. I wouldn't have imagimed using the Batlord's faceguard like that, very inventive. I just watched ROTK again this afternoon, and this guy could easily be a Rohan warrior with a little color change. Of course the Rohirrim are a Nordic-inspired group to begin with. I'm still waiting for TRU to come out with Vikings up here in the Northwest. They keep telling me that they aren't available in the US at all yet! I was hoping that axe was a Lego item--shucks.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens