Baby blue Jayko/catapult in new "combo" box

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Morgan19
Artisan

Baby blue Jayko/catapult in new "combo" box

Post by Morgan19 »

I searched around the boards and hadn't seen anyone mention this one yet, but I apologize if this is old news...

I was at Wal*Mart yesterday and found an endcap of rectangular cardboard boxes, a bit smaller than a tissue box, that appeared to be some type of "storyteller book" set for LEGO. There were two variations: one Clickits and one KK2. The cardboard box was magnetic and opened up like a pencil holder and inside was a comic book as well as two polybags: the baby blue Jayko w/ crossbow and the baby blue "horse" catapult that was in last year's LEGO Easter basket. Next time I'm at Wal*Mart I'll see if I can grab a photo of it if anyone's interested. To the best of my knowledge this is the first time this version of Jayko has been available in the US outside of the chess set.

(EDIT-) Oh! Here you go, Wal*Mart has it listed on their website, though the price in my store was only $8.something. It's a little too steep for me considering I'd only be interested in the minifig, but anyway, there you go... :)

m19
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

Ahh I miss Wal Mart... Thanks for telling me what I'm missing.

God Bless,

Nathan
Morgan19
Artisan

Post by Morgan19 »

Keep your eyes open– I don't know yet if this is a WM exclusive, so you never know. :D

m19
Tristram
Laborer

Post by Tristram »

I picked it up the other day. The box is pretty solid, making it collectible. It's a nice package, presentation wise, and the included story book is kinda interesting. I like the minifig very much, but the catapult is kinda weak. It also came with a mini poster which on the other side it displays KK2 items. Pics:

All in all, it was worth the $9 at WM. Thanks for the heads up, Morgan19, I would've never knew about this if you hadn't posted, as WM is avoided by my family and I like the plague.
Morgan19
Artisan

Post by Morgan19 »

Tristram wrote:Thanks for the heads up, Morgan19, I would've never knew about this if you hadn't posted, as WM is avoided by my family and I like the plague.
You're very welcome, I'm glad it helped you out!

m19
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

Hey, just thought I'd mention I've also seen it at Media Play.
~ Matthew Taylor
[url=http://galacticbrick.com/arda][img]http://galacticbrick.com/lotr/new-site/banner-main.png[/img][/url]

The Adm is for Admiral not ADAM! :-p
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Tristram wrote:I picked it up the other day. The box is pretty solid, making it collectible. It's a nice package, presentation wise, and the included story book is kinda interesting. I like the minifig very much, but the catapult is kinda weak.
I got this the other day as well. Took the fig and am saving the book/catapualt for someone's Christmas present. The catapualt, however, was being sold in the polybag seperately as well for just $1.oo!

A decent buy. The book had some lines and parts not included in LEGO's online comic or instruction comics.
chump
Peasant

Post by chump »

Tristram wrote: and I like the plague.
:lol:

p.s. Sorry to go off topic. It was just funny when I read it.
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

I kinda like the little minifig, however a dark grey (old grey too) helmet would be much more useful and more accurate as well. By the way, this week's set review is the catapult from this set. Oh for the days of solidly good legos!
JacobS
Peasant

Post by JacobS »

Well, I'm a member of that Brickmaster deal from TLC and I got this (minus the comic books) a few months ago for the "UBER SUPRIZE SET OF DOOOOOO...*catches breath*...OOOM" so, it's not a walmart exclucive just a scarecly availible set
MaxiVisVires
Squire
Location: San Diego, CA If I was any closer to LEGOLand, I'd be living there

Post by MaxiVisVires »

E of Alshire wrote: I got this the other day as well. Took the fig and am saving the book/catapualt for someone's Christmas present. The catapualt, however, was being sold in the polybag seperately as well for just $1.oo!
The walmart has the catapults for 1.00?
"The Wise Warrior, When he moves, Is never confused; When he acts, Is never at a loss."
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=kaylinda]Vis Vires Toys[/url] | [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... xivisvires]My Brickshelf[/url]
VikingLord
Villein

Post by VikingLord »

MaxiVisVires wrote:
E of Alshire wrote: I got this the other day as well. Took the fig and am saving the book/catapualt for someone's Christmas present. The catapualt, however, was being sold in the polybag seperately as well for just $1.oo!
The walmart has the catapults for 1.00?
Apparently so. I bought a catapult for $1 in polybag at 5*Below, a small chain of dollar/conveneince stores.