Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

New MOC: Council Chamber

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

A new CCC building:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/3181

PLMKWYT!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

:shock: That is amazing....wow......Have you even seen the detail inside? holy.....wow.....all i can say....
SirCumferance
Laborer

Post by SirCumferance »

I love it! Very detailed! I love the vault and tax-collecter office. I do not like, however, the old Black Falcon... UHH-GLY!
I am the queen of France!

... Maker of Castle Crusade

Mail me! kullvox03222@yahoo.com
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Amazing! The level of detail is very good. The one thing that gets to me, though, is the split fireplace. It always irks me when the fireplace is split!

mD
jb
Freeman

Post by jb »

Nice job on the interior details. I like the meat ;) I think the split fireplace is a good way to open a building and the black falcon is my favorite (although he needs the classic smiley). The only thing I would change is the spacing of the timbers. It would look better (to me) if they were more closely spaced. Do a search on real life half-timbered houses and you can see that that the timbers are mores dense. Keep up the good work!

James
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Nathan,

I like your hall very much. The simple form, small number of windows (creating a dark interior), and furniture make this creation seem very "medieval". I like how the building opens up through the middle of the table - it is a nice touch. :wink:

Ben
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Hey Nathan,

I like this a lot. My favorite little details are the way you used gearshifts to support the windows and the way you built your own stairwell rather than using the existing stairwell piece, allowing for compression into a smaller space.
I hadn't noticed that the building split went right through the table until reading Ben's post. - goes back to look - Very clever.

Bruce
kaloo
Laborer

Post by kaloo »

I forgot to post earlier because I told you how great it was in chat. So I'm just posting for no reason except to make it known that I like this. But who doesn't? It's the first town government building we've seen posted here! I think...
Lollius has been placed by the side of the road so that all who pass may say 'hello Lollius' - Inscription on roman tomb
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

Hey Nathan,
I really like this MOC, i can seee that every part of the interior has been thought out carfully. But i have to admit with the councelers, it is very dark inside!!

Nikos
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Hey Nathan,

As others have stated so well, this is a very nice MOC, you are improving leaps and bounds as you keep building. Just thought I'd chime in and then ramble so it wasn't a one sentence post. Anyway, I like the MOC and I agree with Ben, this is definitly one of your best.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Nathan!

Another A+ moc. The thing I like best about your MOCs is how creative they are. I boat made of Dino-tails, an alternate form of horse hitching, a small little Tudor-house! Shall I continue?

You continue that in this, instead of opening the way Blacksmith show does, youn shook things up. The double hinge is awsome and expands the quality of this MOC double! Splitting at the table was pure brilliance! My favorite MOC in a while it is!

Bye,

Dragon Master

P.S. Any chance of us getting some picks off all you castle mocs togeter as a village?

P.P.S. Where is all this Tan coming from!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
metalsluguy
Gong Farmer

Great job Nathan!

Post by metalsluguy »

Nathan,

Sweet building. I really like all the little details in the building, specially the meat, staircase, and the room upstairs. I don't know if I like the fact that the table splits, but it would be tough to have it in there any other way. :P

Good work, dude.

-Jose
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Barbapple wrote::shock: That is amazing....wow......Have you even seen the detail inside? holy.....wow.....all i can say....
Thanks! :D

SirCumferance wrote:I love it! Very detailed! I love the vault and tax-collecter office. I do not like, however, the old Black Falcon... UHH-GLY!
LOL, thanks!

Mr. D wrote:Amazing! The level of detail is very good. The one thing that gets to me, though, is the split fireplace. It always irks me when the fireplace is split!
Thanks, the fireplace bothers me too, but it's easy place to put the hinge.

jb wrote:Nice job on the interior details. I like the meat ;) I think the split fireplace is a good way to open a building and the black falcon is my favorite (although he needs the classic smiley). The only thing I would change is the spacing of the timbers. It would look better (to me) if they were more closely spaced. Do a search on real life half-timbered houses and you can see that that the timbers are mores dense. Keep up the good work!
Thanks! The spacing of the timbers would be closer if I had the parts, but I'm very low on black 1x1s :(

architect wrote:I like your hall very much. The simple form, small number of windows (creating a dark interior), and furniture make this creation seem very "medieval". I like how the building opens up through the middle of the table - it is a nice touch. :wink:
Thanks!

Bruce N H wrote:I like this a lot. My favorite little details are the way you used gearshifts to support the windows and the way you built your own stairwell rather than using the existing stairwell piece, allowing for compression into a smaller space.
I hadn't noticed that the building split went right through the table until reading Ben's post. - goes back to look - Very clever.
Thanks! The stairs are probally my favorite detail in this MOC and you can't beat sand green! 8)

kaloo wrote:I forgot to post earlier because I told you how great it was in chat. So I'm just posting for no reason except to make it known that I like this. But who doesn't? It's the first town government building we've seen posted here! I think...
Thanks!

the_great_one wrote:I really like this MOC, i can seee that every part of the interior has been thought out carfully. But i have to admit with the councelers, it is very dark inside!!
Thanks, I wish I had more of those cool grilled windows!

wlister wrote:As others have stated so well, this is a very nice MOC, you are improving leaps and bounds as you keep building. Just thought I'd chime in and then ramble so it wasn't a one sentence post. Anyway, I like the MOC and I agree with Ben, this is definitly one of your best.

Thank you very much! :)

Dragon Master wrote:Nathan!

Another A+ moc. The thing I like best about your MOCs is how creative they are. I boat made of Dino-tails, an alternate form of horse hitching, a small little Tudor-house! Shall I continue?

You continue that in this, instead of opening the way Blacksmith show does, youn shook things up. The double hinge is awsome and expands the quality of this MOC double! Splitting at the table was pure brilliance! My favorite MOC in a while it is!

Bye,

Dragon Master

P.S. Any chance of us getting some picks off all you castle mocs togeter as a village?

P.P.S. Where is all this Tan coming from!

WOW, thank you! :shock:

I got all the tan from the UCS Yoda. I highly recommend this set for castle builders! It might be hard to have any two of my houses because I have to destory each one to make the next! :cry:

metalsluguy wrote:Sweet building. I really like all the little details in the building, specially the meat, staircase, and the room upstairs. I don't know if I like the fact that the table splits, but it would be tough to have it in there any other way. :P
Thanks!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].