White Knight-First Custom

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Zacku
Laborer

White Knight-First Custom

Post by Zacku »

Basically just a knight with an old (slightly damaged; stressmarks) euro armor and a Santis Visor. Be warned, the pictures make him look better than he really does (the actual figure isn't as "clean").
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Z ... night1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Z ... night2.jpg
Your ad here.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

That looks good- almost Ninja-esque. Great use of KKII armour.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

I like the idea, but the Santis Visor really turns me off. However, this is a much better use of it than I have seen before, so cheers to you.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Zacku
Laborer

Post by Zacku »

kelderic wrote:I like the idea, but the Santis Visor really turns me off. However, this is a much better use of it than I have seen before, so cheers to you.

Kelderic
I only used the Santis visor because I have a bunch of them with no other use for them. :wink:
Your ad here.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

This is pretty cool. I especially like the back round (I know, not part of the figure)
Buit anyway u did a good job painting.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
zac_schmitt
Freeman

Post by zac_schmitt »

i've dabbled with painting armor white for marble statues before, and it's never come off particularly well. did you use regular black or gray euro armor? i've been thinking that a baby blue jayko euro armor woudl probably work better.

what kind of paint did you use? i didn't particularly like the way regular old spray paint came out, but your looks like it ran significantly less than my attempts, even if you claim it doesn't look "clean". still looks very nice.
79% of Classic Castle hates KK2. If you're one of the 20% that loves it, paste this into your sig. Started by Danju.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

The armor looks pretty good in white. I've thought about painting some of it white before.

Like other's have said, I'm not a big fan of the "Santis" visor either. So, why not paint it! No loss.

Good job.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Zacku
Laborer

Post by Zacku »

zac_schmitt wrote:i've dabbled with painting armor white for marble statues before, and it's never come off particularly well. did you use regular black or gray euro armor? i've been thinking that a baby blue jayko euro armor woudl probably work better.
I used an old dark grey one. It wasn't in the best shape, so I decided hey, why not.
what kind of paint did you use? i didn't particularly like the way regular old spray paint came out, but your looks like it ran significantly less than my attempts, even if you claim it doesn't look "clean". still looks very nice.
I used Tamiya paint for it. It's a VERY good brand of Japanese oil-based paint. It's mostly intended for plastic model kits, but it works very well on these parts. You should be able to find it at most model shops, and, if not, online.
Your ad here.
zac_schmitt
Freeman

Post by zac_schmitt »

I used Tamiya paint for it. It's a VERY good brand of Japanese oil-based paint. It's mostly intended for plastic model kits, but it works very well on these parts. You should be able to find it at most model shops, and, if not, online.
thanks for the info. are you happy with the result, overall? it looks pretty smooth from the photo, but if you make another would you do anything differently? may as well utilize the wisdom of others to avoid potential mistakes, eh? :)
79% of Classic Castle hates KK2. If you're one of the 20% that loves it, paste this into your sig. Started by Danju.
Lefty the Bfalcon
Peasant

Post by Lefty the Bfalcon »

I like it :) heehee my Halo 2 name is The White Knight, reminds me of him :P

-Aaron
Zacku
Laborer

Post by Zacku »

zac_schmitt wrote:
thanks for the info. are you happy with the result, overall? it looks pretty smooth from the photo, but if you make another would you do anything differently? may as well utilize the wisdom of others to avoid potential mistakes, eh? :)
Yeah.... I'd make sure to wait until it's 100% dry before touching it. :P
Your ad here.