What you guys think of my custom

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
BlackKnight24
Villein

What you guys think of my custom

Post by BlackKnight24 »

Last edited by BlackKnight24 on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shurtugal
Bailiff
Location: On the Albertan Prairies, listening to some slow country music

Post by Shurtugal »

Wow! That's cool! very ninja-esque! I love the colour scheme, and all the robes. They make him look taller, and more intimidating. I like that he has no face, too. very mysterious....
~Andrew C.

[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php]MOCpages![/url]

Eka ai fricai un Shur'tugal! I am a Rider and a friend!
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

Really cool, great designs and capes. I don't really like those shoulder things though.[/code]
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
BlackKnight24
Villein

Post by BlackKnight24 »

thnx for the reply.

As a matter of fact, I put a 1x1 black lego piece under both his legs to make him look a little bit taller, about 2 cm taller, I haven't seen any kind of lego of this type here so Ya I put it to share with all. Plus its a black knight and there my favs.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Hey, this looks pretty nice. I like the way the paudrons are so long.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
El Mariachi
Laborer

Post by El Mariachi »

Its better than cool. Its sexy.
"God is dead; but considering the state the species Man is in, there will perhaps be caves, for ages yet, in which his shadow will be shown"

Friederich Nietzsche
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Great work. Love it, even if I generally prefer a more historical look to anime.

....but what does it have to do with LEGO?
:wink:
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
BlackKnight24
Villein

Post by BlackKnight24 »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:Great work. Love it, even if I generally prefer a more historical look to anime.

....but what does it have to do with LEGO?
:wink:
What do you mean, what does it have to do with Lego? Its made of lego and is a custom black knight. Isn't that lego enough? You think it looks anime. What you mean? You mean like those anime cartoons? Im new so pardon my rookie type questions, I don't know the lingo in the forums here yet. But thnx for the compliment.
Limberger
Peasant

Post by Limberger »

Wow! I think he looks brilliant! You have inspired me to make a general for my Wolfpack faction.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

BlackKnight24 wrote: What do you mean, what does it have to do with Lego? Its made of lego and is a custom black knight. Isn't that lego enough? You think it looks anime. What you mean? You mean like those anime cartoons? Im new so pardon my rookie type questions, I don't know the lingo in the forums here yet. But thnx for the compliment.
Well, I was teasing (note the use of the "winky" smileyface in my message), but except for the helmet and sword, honestly, I wouldn't know it to be made off Lego at the core.

Anime is a reference to Japanese "anime" style, used in cartoons and comic books, and thus into video games. The oversized pieces and ankle-heavy look are hallmarks of anime. It's not a style that I'm into at all, but I always appreciate good craftsmanship.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
BlackKnight24
Villein

Post by BlackKnight24 »

Limberger wrote:Wow! I think he looks brilliant! You have inspired me to make a general for my Wolfpack faction.
Thnx, I looked around and saw the word faction come up alot of times. I have one question do you guys play a game or something like that with your legos?
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

I don't particularly care for the large epaulette type things, but the rest of it is pretty cool. How did you make him? What type of materials were used.
BlackKnight24
Villein

Post by BlackKnight24 »

Recluce wrote:I don't particularly care for the large epaulette type things, but the rest of it is pretty cool. How did you make him? What type of materials were used.
Just stuff lying around the house. Im pretty broke and can't afford more than 150 dollars a month because of my bills, but the material I use is very sturdy. Not lego like but sturdy enough that it doesn't break when you play with them.
Chiefwanabigmac
Serf

Post by Chiefwanabigmac »

I really like this it has more of a full feeling then some customs Ive seen. I might have to expirement with customs sooner or later.
“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
~Charles Manson
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

As of know this is my favorite minifig custom ever. Reminds me of the Black Knight from Fire Emblem. Well done indeed.
"The sky grows black...shadow falls...the Dark Tide comes..."

[Edgar J.]