My CCC4 entries

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Ristridin
Bailiff

Post by Ristridin »

The technic which you have used for the floor is wonderful! I would never cross my mind to use those pieces! Really original, price worthy.
Jim
Apprentice

Post by Jim »

Very, very nice Jens!

You have created a unique and wonderful bridge entry. I like the way you used the "jumper plates" to create the railing supports.

Great job! :D

Jim
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Cool, I like how you bent the bottom baseplate.
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

Thanks all for your comments
Prince Imdol wrote:Cool, I like how you bent the bottom baseplate.
I'm sorry, I don't bent a baseplate. The curve of the bridge is a result of the bent railing (Hose, rigid). The use of two railings on each side is a very stably construction. Both sides are conected by plates. This plates give the form to the roadway. With the jumperplates the railing "lays" on the roadway. The only point where the bridge has a connection with the rocks are four of this:

But the stably construction of railing and the plates between each part of the railing fits very good "around" the roadway.

regards,
jens
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

As previously mentioned, the bridge is genious. I copy everything previously said that was positive.

How do you guys come up with these?
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

This is my version of a little "haycart". The experience I made was not to wait too long to realise an idea. Maybe someone comes with the same idea a few days earlier.

more pictures when public

I have some more entries: "Netherlandstyled bridge". I'm not very happy with the name, but please have a look:

I'm very proud of the little scene "Rotkäppchen". I don't know the correct translation. It's a fairy tale. By the way, here is an other one.

For Castle Fortification I build this one:

Do you want to change with this guy? On the pictures the roof looks a bit distorted, in real I like it more.

Medieval Life in a fisherhut? Here you are:

regards,
jens
Last edited by jens on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

They sure are surprisingly similar ;) I really like the idea of using that yellow lever to represent hay. Well done (to both of you ;))
Jacob C.
Councilor

Post by Jacob C. »

Wow, I love those new entries.
That double drawbridge looks fantastic and is easily a top contender in the bridge category. The landscaping looks great as well but the bridge is lovely.

The castle gatehouse is great too. Those wooden doors are huge!
You can probably move trebuchets through them, no problem.
I like the interior spaces as well as the roof tops. Great work!

I like the atmosphere of the fisherman's hut.
The net laying out to dry, the dead shark hanging, the rickety wooden dock, it all goes well with that moc.

Good luck on the contest!
[url=http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Majhost Gallery[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

DARKspawn wrote: Well done (to both of you ;))

Thank you,
and thank you, I think... :wink:
Jacob C. wrote: Good luck on the contest!
Thank you, too.

The Blackwood Falcons Castle Gate I used as an background for "Ork attack". I cannot hide the inspiration by the LotR Movies. I first used a black original Lego string, but it was difficult to see it on the photo. So I decided to use the white one.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

It looks a bit odd my replying after you have edited your post but here it goes ;)

Fantastic! I think the bridge is my favorite - a very original creation that will definately stand out. Great work
jens wrote:I'm very proud of the little scene "Rotkäppchen". I don't know the correct translation. It's a fairy tale. By the way, here is an other one.
I think that's "Little Red Riding Hood" :)
BreadMan
Archer

Post by BreadMan »

So Jens, when are you planning to announce this? Cause I'd really like to talk about how blown away I am by it... :)
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

BreadMan wrote:So Jens, when are you planning to announce this? Cause I'd really like to talk about how blown away I am by it... :)
Yes, me too! That is one heck of an interrior, great detailing - there is so much here but my fav points would have to be the stain-glass, the floor patterns & the hood over the fire in the kitchen. Exceptional work. This would have to be my new fav in this catagory. I would wish you luck but I don't think you are going to need it ;)
neonbug
Serf

Post by neonbug »

BreadMan wrote:So Jens, when are you planning to announce this? Cause I'd really like to talk about how blown away I am by it... :)
Blimey...

That's all I can say :(
Neonbug
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

kelderic wrote:I like how you did the vein of gold, beside the dead miner.
Ahhhhhh....that is what it is!!! I thought so. :)

I love it when people add irony to their Lego creations.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

Awesome, awesome, awesome. This has inspired me to start working on interiors. - Well done.