PAB inventory disparity

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
wlister
Sheriff

PAB inventory disparity

Post by wlister »

Has anyone else seen this link?

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=79018

I know for a fact they were selling Black Falcon torsos in bulk as well. If you peruse the whole gallery, you will see just how great shoppers have it at the Billund PAB. It hardly seems fair that most of the PAB stores here in the States barely have enough of an assortment of parts to make a trip to one worthwhile.

Why doesn't Carlsbad have this kind of inventory? It doesn't seem right that all those great parts are only available to buyers at Billund. If Carlsbad had that level of inventory, I would make the trip south of the border to go there probably more than once a year.

Flying to Denmark on the other hand is hardly a viable option. Meanwhile there are a few stores in Bricklink that have really managed to capitalize on this great resource. I have shopped at those stores and now that I have seen this I can just imagine what their profit margins are.

It is painful to see this and even more painful to know that this sort of disparity will probably never be resolved.

Dear Lego, please give us PAB inventories like the one in Billund over here in North America. While you are at it, please open a PAB store in Canada.

Will

Post edited because I was wrong about the Euro Armor, I have confirmed that it was sold there though.
Last edited by wlister on Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

:!:

--Caleb

P.S. Not fair, not fair, not fair, not fair. TLC, READ THIS TOPIC!
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hmill ... 011036.jpg
In the top right of that pic? I think those are soccar balls Will...
Whatever the case, I wanna go there and never return.....
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Re: PAB inventory disparity

Post by Glencaer »

wlister wrote: You can see the tub with light gray euro armor in the top right corner. I know for a fact they were selling Black Falcon torsos in bulk as well. If you peruse the whole gallery, you will see just how great shoppers have it at the Billund PAB. It hardly seems fair that most of the PAB stores here in the States barely have enough of an assortment of parts to make a trip to one worthwhile.
I guess that what you get when you are around the block from the FACTORY!

I would think it would be unfair if Carlsbad has as good a selection as Billund, because then why make the trip to Billund? I mean, Billund is like the capitol of Legoland, shouldn't it get better treatment that the provinces (carlsbad, LIC-orlando?)

-Lennstie
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Perhaps it would be unfair for Carlsbad and LIC to have the exact same inventory as Billund, but shouldn't the inventories from those two locations at least have comparable inventories. What they have right now isn't much better than a regular PAB store. So why go there when other PAB locations are closer. Shouldn't the inventories at the theme parks at least be geared to attract more people? I tell you if I could buy bulk minifig parts, then I might take the 3 day car ride with my kids and spend all that money on admission. Then again I can get a family 5-day pass for Disneyland for my kids for the price of one day at Carlsbad. Where is the lure?

There is better treatment for Billund and then there is what we have now. Which is not much comparably. At least we know why sets don't have technic beams anymore, they are all being sold at Billund.

Will
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I agree that it would be nice to have more PAB stores and larger offerings at PAB's which arent at Billund. But Lenny raises an excellent point. That shop is likely quickly stocked by the factory. No parts have to be shipped to stores. These parts can be quickly replaced.

I do not think that it is a reasonable expectation to want all PAB's to have the same inventory or even an inventory of such a large scale and selection. It does not make good business sense right now (in my opinion).

Ben E.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I think this can be another one of those things to be listed in the "Cruelties of TLC" thread! :cry: :x

Why Lego! Be fare, put one in NYC like that! I won't mind the 25 min drive south.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

I am blown away. I couldn't even tell what all of the parts were, but I'm sure it was all great. Bulk minifig parts would be a dream come true. There was also a bin full of brown ladders...

*sigh*

I'll talk to my sister in Germany...
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

:cry: Not fair. I could spend hours in there make that days make that weeks make that months make that years make that centurys make that milleniums. Well you get the idea :wink: :cry: :cry: So not fair.
Space rocks.
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

I got some good parts (football, basetball, axes and wolfman heads) but it was adead loss last time.
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
TheCastle
Peasant

op left

Post by TheCastle »

On the first pic on the top left there is a black falcons fortress on top of the storage thing.

TheCastle
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Hi, what about one in Canada. At least you get something in the states. There isn't a single LEGO store in Canada!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Apparently Russia is a better market for Lego as TLC does have a Lego store there. Ah well, we don'y get to make our shop@home purchases in our own currency either.

Will