Does anyone collect the Imperial Armada sets?

Discussion of general LEGO topics
hulk hogan
Villein

Does anyone collect the Imperial Armada sets?

Post by hulk hogan »

Well, the blue and the red uniformed guys that would fight against the pirates?

Anyone army build them?

I love the old play sets, when I was younger I had Lagoon Lock-up and Sabre Island. I am a fool for selling them.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I used to think of myself as an army builder of the blue coats and red coats back in the years 1993 to 1996 when I tried to lay hands on them in official sets. I didn't have the money to buy multiples of many sets that featured them, and I do remember small boxed sets, polybags and figure packs, but I only got one of each. My collection was small in those days by a builder's standard, but I tried to get a few. I must have about 35 to 40 of the coats all together. I have not assembled them for at least the last 6 years however.
Donut
Councilor

Re: Does anyone collect the Imperial Armada sets?

Post by Donut »

I have a couple of the imperial soldiers, unfortunately it is very expensive to build an army of these guys because their helmets (shakos) go for about $4 a piece.

I also like the old sets, especially the larger ones like the Imperial Trading Post. Anyways, I hope LEGO would think about bringing back pirates, it's my second favorite theme.
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
hulk hogan
Villein

Re: Does anyone collect the Imperial Armada sets?

Post by hulk hogan »

Donut wrote: I also like the old sets, especially the larger ones like the Imperial Trading Post. Anyways, I hope LEGO would think about bringing back pirates, it's my second favorite theme.

I used to stare at that set and wonder...how can I get my parents to buy it...
ffilz
Foot Soldier

Post by ffilz »

I've got essentially all the pirate sets and then some. I've got bunches of these soldiers.

The Imperial Trading Post is definitely my favorite set. When I was actively running Evil Stevie's Pirate Game, I built something like 30 copies of the little ship from this set in various color schemes (and due to a Bricklink seller in the Netherlands, I have something like 8 sets of sails, the rest of the ships are fitted with various other sails (including two with custom Wolfpack sails)).

Frank
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Are you talking about the Imperial Armada: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?M=pi016?

Or the Imperial Guards: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?M=pi062?

Or the Imperial Soldiers (is that their name?): http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?M=pi061?

If its the latter, there are some people that army build with them. Try pirate-bricks.com.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
SlyOwl
Apprentice

Post by SlyOwl »

I don't actually own any Imperial Soldier or Guard sets, but I have 7 redcoats and 15 bluecoats. I have one Imperial Armada soldier, from Armada Sentry. As for collecting, no. I got these purely for battles and have no desire to expand my collection any further in the near future :)
As for other people, there are plenty of armies over on Eurobricks...
Athos wrote:If its the latter, there are some people that army build with them. Try pirate-bricks.com.
Which happens to no longer exist :wink: Classic-Pirates is the new home of Pirates :D
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

SlyOwl wrote:Classic-Pirates is the new home of Pirates :D
Shameless plug... :wink:

I haven't actually counted how many soldiers I have, but I have around a dozen of all three (I didn't have much money back when I was a kid).

Still my favourite Lego theme, though (Castle being a close second).

Edit: Sorry, a dozen each of all three. More custom-made.
Last edited by Aharown on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<><
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Does anyone army build Imperial Guards?

Do they ever!
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

I collect them to the best of my abilities. I only have like 6 of the blue and 10 of the red.

Almost all came through yardsales and such. They might be some of the most expensive basic figures. I can only imagine what they'll cost in 5 years.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

SlyOwl wrote:
Athos wrote:If its the latter, there are some people that army build with them. Try pirate-bricks.com.
Which happens to no longer exist :wink: Classic-Pirates is the new home of Pirates :D
Ooops, that's what I meant.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]