Archer

New Lego Universe trailer looks kick###

Post by BreadMan »

Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Re: New Lego Universe trailer looks kick###

Post by Bluesecrets »

Checked. It looks interesting. I would have liked to see more realistic looks at what the game will look like instead of an animated trailer. This showed large group play. I'm not so sure that is realistic. If it is, well then I just lost complete interest.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Mörs
Dragon Bait

Post by Mörs »

I'm not into MMO games at all, but that trailer was pretty impressive.
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

Does this mean that it's getting close to ready? I've never really been interested in LU until now but that makes it look like it may be worth exploring a bit.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
(Insert Name Here)
Gong Farmer

Post by (Insert Name Here) »

Looks interesting. But it'll probably be more based for younger FOLs in my opinion.
I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. -Albert Camus
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

It does look really cool, but after getting sucked into highly addictive and time consuming MMORPG like WoW once before , I'm not so sure I'll try it out. It would be nice to see some actual footage of game-play though to see what it's really like.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

It's so interesting how they are trying to make the trailer so serious, when, really, it is just a bunch of toys.

Looks cooler than I thought. Perhaps I will give this a look see when it comes out.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Knight of Honor
Apprentice

Post by Knight of Honor »

Ehh, I doubt I will try this out. Doesn't it have a monthly cost? Doesn't look that good anyways, I think i'll stick to Guild Wars. :orc:
Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations
It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
- Indian Armed Forces
CodeGeorge
Serf

Post by CodeGeorge »

Very nice trailer... however...

I'm looking forward to other MMOs much more. Star Trek Online, Star Wars The Old Republic, etc.

Also Lego games are never anything more than average. I hope they can change it with this one.

Lastly I fear nazi mods. Lego over censors their stuff like mad. You can't make a post on their forums without Big Brother Brick giving it the okay. They censor everything until even a baby would find it over the top. I hope that habit of Lego's does spread to this game.

All that said, some of those minifigs in the trailer should be made real. The half skeleton half normal minifigs are awesome. I'd love to own some.
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

I wonder if any of the characters and weapons shown in the clip will actually be released in sets ? I wouldn't mind the knight with the more realistic shield or the guy holding the parrot.
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Definately a cool trailer. Gameplay will be the big factor as to whether I buy this and play with my nephews. I have an idea that this game will be very juniorized but I hope they aim a little higher as most MMO players are a bit older.
Griffon
Foot Soldier

Post by Griffon »

Great trailer! i would love to own some of the soldiers and those undead soldiers in there :D
Mörs
Dragon Bait

Post by Mörs »

I wonder if that game will feature the things you have in most RPGs, such as increasing your experience and improving your character. I would imagine it would probably turn out awkward in a LEGO game...
Will there be quests? Will the game be centered around fighting those "darklings", as they are called? Will you be able to die? Will different themes have seperate worlds/servers? Will your minifig's look have an effect on its abilities or behaviour?

I'm not interested in playing it, but I sure am curious what will the game look like when it's done...
Funnyham
Laborer

Post by Funnyham »

Knight of Honor wrote:Ehh, I doubt I will try this out. Doesn't it have a monthly cost? Doesn't look that good anyways, I think i'll stick to Guild Wars. :orc:
How can you resist! I'm sure that this will be one of the best things LEGO has, and will, do. The amount of publicity this game is sure to recieve will really boost up LEGO sales, meaning more LEGO!
A MOC a day keeps the doctor away.