Memento mori

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Lolino
Blind Harry

Memento mori

Post by Lolino »

Hi

I have next creation to publish. In my religion and like it was in Middle Ages, when human dies he have three ways: Heaven, Megablocks or Purgatory. God judge him and decide what pass he have to go. I built this scene for all of you, remember about death, "memento mori".

The last court by 'LL', on Flickr

Brickshelf

Thanks for your attention,
LL
OverLoad
Steward

Re: Memento mori

Post by OverLoad »

Amazing creation. The two gates really work, the clouds behind the gate of Hades/Megablocks/Infernal Fire Place are really creative. The Satanic serpent is a nice touch, and your St. Peter is easily recognizable.

Awesome MOC.
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
Karrde
Bailiff

Post by Karrde »

:roll:

Dear admins, is it not simply ridiculous that the word 'heII' is censored on this forum?

yours,

liberalism
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

Wow, LL, definitely one of my favorites from you. I really like the contrast between the two gates, and I love the fire in "Purgatory". My only nitpick would be with the shaping of the tree, but that is irrelevant compared to the rest of this stunning build.
athronieth
Laborer

Post by athronieth »

Awesome! Just the kind of vignette I would never think to do, or do half as well if I did. The details are really well thought out and executed. My favorite aspect though is the scenery behind the archways.
Quelta the Emerald Isle [url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=athronieth[/url]
Elbadar
Artisan

Post by Elbadar »

Beautiful scene, although I can't exactly tell how purgatory is represented here. I also love that heaven is styled after antiquity, I always thought God had a thing for the Greeks and Romans :P
Back to the front!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

There are so many cool features in this MOC. The clouds, forced perspective, the tree, etc. It'd be easier to say what there isn't to like. :tasty: Ummm....maybe change the snake to green instead or red *shrugs* :D
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Athalus
Foot Soldier

Post by Athalus »

Wonderful scene, those microscale clouds look amazing!
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Very cool forced-perspective. Loving it from the thumbnail alone!

One question: Why is the gate to H-E-double-hockey-sticks shorter than the one to heaven? Just a curiosity :)
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

AK_Brickster wrote:Very cool forced-perspective. Loving it from the thumbnail alone!

One question: Why is the gate to Megablocks shorter than the one to heaven? Just a curiosity :)

That's the most amazing part of the whole build! If you let the MOC really draw you in, you'll realize that it creates the illusion that the path to Megablocks is going down, while the path to heaven is going up!
Lolino
Blind Harry

Post by Lolino »

Thanks for comments!
Blego7 wrote:My only nitpick would be with the shaping of the tree
Truly, I am not the best in building trees, I am still trying my best.
Quickblade22 wrote: Ummm....maybe change the snake to green instead or red *shrugs*
I haven't green snake. And I think that red is better :P.
friskywhiskers wrote:That's the most amazing part of the whole build! If you let the MOC really draw you in, you'll realize that it creates the illusion that the path to Megablocks is going down, while the path to heaven is going up!
Indeed.
Karrde wrote:Dear admins, is it not simply ridiculous that the word 'heII' is censored on this forum
Ok, Megablocks :P.

Thanks for comments again!
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

This is a fantastic idea, and the forced perspective/illusion is phenomenal.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]