CCC XIX: Leaders of the Golden Horde

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
josdu
Gentleman

CCC XIX: Leaders of the Golden Horde

Post by josdu »

Leaders of the Golden Horde of the Medieval Mongolian Empire, known as the Great State.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mViFzi][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51799052 ... f9ec_w.jpg[/img][/url]

From left to right:

The Imperial Husky, fast and hard working, and one of the best friends of Sartaq Khan.

Nogai Shekina. A famous warrior during the time of the Mongol Empire and now Imperial bodyguard to Sartaq Khan, this ancient warrior is famed for military knowledge and wise counsel, very much like his anda, Uzbeg Shekina. He is especially popular with the Khan because of his talent training and caring for the Imperial dogs.

Sartaq Ariqa. Wife of Sartaq Khan and mother to Menisha Ariqa, this fierce lady was once a popular assassin, until she fell in love with one who was supposed to be her victim, and became his loving wife and helper. Keen and clever, she likes nothing better than to join the war council and show off her widely unused fighting talent, as a menace to any of the Khan's secret enemies.

Sartaq Khan, Great-grandson of Genghis Khan and leader of the Golden Horde or the Great State. He is a brilliant general, a quick impetuous fighter, and an amiable, popular character, very popular with his men and amongst the clans which he heads. Among other things, he dearly loves his daughter Menisha, who is his little darling and never strays far from his side, and would give his life for her any day of the month.

Tapek Arkan. A long time friend of Sartaq Khan, Tapek is as skilled with the bow as anyone in the kingdom... except one. She has a sullen vein in her blood, though it boils hot enough at time, and likes to sneak out against all imperial orders in the middle of the night to have a dusky hunt on the steppes, atop her noble horse Menig, when she never fails to bring back a doe or an antelope. Somewhat rebelious and very wild, it is rumoured that she once loved Sartaq with her very life, and she has never made good friends with the Khan's young wife. Nevertheless, Sartaq Khan trusts her and knows in his heart that she would never betray <i>him</i>, no matter what happened.

Uzbeg Shekina. The only one who is known to have beat Menisha in a shooting match, there has ever since been a friendly but slightly devilish rivalry between them, especially since it was ease and coolness that Uzbeg discomfited her. He is a great companion for the Khan's little daughter Menisha, however, imparting his wisdom to her in many ways and having a very jolly time on all their expeditions. Uzbeg is also the Khan's body guard and councilor, and Nogai's close blood brother, or anda.

Hey guys, this is my entry to the CCC minifig category, and likewise to the Brickscalibur Monarchic Minifigures cat. Hope you like it, I just got a sudden inspiration and ran with it! I also really like the base, let me know what you think of it :) .
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98280612@N05/?details=1#]Flickr[/url]

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Re: CCC XIX: Leaders of the Golden Horde

Post by AK_Brickster »

Uncommon fig combos and an interesting color scheme, to be sure! I do like the use of inkwells as "ice" in the base, along with the other random transparent and satin bits. Nicely done.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
josdu
Gentleman

Re: CCC XIX: Leaders of the Golden Horde

Post by josdu »

AK_Brickster wrote:Uncommon fig combos and an interesting color scheme, to be sure! I do like the use of inkwells as "ice" in the base, along with the other random transparent and satin bits. Nicely done.
Thank you Jordan! It really means a lot to get a comment, so I highly appreciate the way you are going through the entries, thank you :) .
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98280612@N05/?details=1#]Flickr[/url]

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16