my first new castle (Castle of Morcia)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
wlister wrote:If you can assemble them, you have the set at least thats how I look at it. Of cpourse you have to use the proper parts to assemble the sets, no slotted treasure chests where a solid one should be etc...
That's exactly how I look at it, too. Another major example is the type of the light grey swords in 375 and 677: You must not use light grey swords from 10039 to "complete" a yellow castle. Unfortunately BrickLink doesn't make a difference between the hard type of swords and the soft type. Somebody who's better at English than me should make this suggestion in the BL-forums again. When I did it once it didn't prove successuful.

Bye
Jojo

Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Jojo wrote
Somebody who's better at English than me should make this suggestion in the BL-forums again. When I did it once it didn't prove successuful.
Your english is as good as or better than many people in North America. It is eloquent at times. Just thought I would point that out.

Some BL stores make a note in their inventories.
Troy T. Moore
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I really want to get my hands on a bunch of hard light grey swords. But I'm too afraid to order them becuase they'd probably arrive soft.

They should distinguish them,

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Best castle

Well by taking into consideration the arguments: Best look, playablilty, part selections, alternative models, size and number of parts, realistic and so on this is my final 5 in the right order.

5. 6085 - nice selection of parts, great playabilty, got some nice alternative models.

4. 6081 - looks great for it's size, very realistic and a good selection of parts.

3. 6074 - this set can go to a hall of fame for it's number of alternative models alone. Great selection of parts, looks nice and realistic.

2. 6090 - The biggest castle ever - 743 parts (not including the yellow castle). Looks magnificent, great playabilty. The only downside is it's lack of good alternative models.

1. 6080 - big, great parts, great playabilty, very realistic, a few cool alternative models. Well what else I can say - Number I

P.S. For those who are intrested where 6086 in my list - it's only number 6.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

I've got 6076 Dragon's Den (but that's not really a castle :? ) 6082 Fire Breathing fortress, 6090 Royal Knights castle and I'm about to buy 6086 Dungeon master's Castle.
I'm born in 1991, I missed the Black Monarch's line :( that's really a shame (because) I like them the most. I'm a real Black Monarch fan.