Dino Attack

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Umgarla
Laborer

Post by Umgarla »

Blueandwhite wrote: The only thing I want to know is "why" LEGO chose not to release the Viking line in North America.
Well, I guess they think that the european market is more interested in vikings than the North American. Vikings are in the history books of Europe and not North America. ;)
Else I can't figure out a reason why.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=115690]"Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?"[/url]
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Umgarla wrote:
Blueandwhite wrote: The only thing I want to know is "why" LEGO chose not to release the Viking line in North America.
Well, I guess they think that the european market is more interested in vikings than the North American. Vikings are in the history books of Europe and not North America. ;)
Else I can't figure out a reason why.
Actually, Vikings play a prominant role in North American history. Remember,Lief Erikson was the first European to discover North America.

I do think that marketing is involved. After all, LEGO has really given up on its non-violent (gun related) themes in North America with the Dino line!! Perhaps if the Viking line is successful in Europe, we will see a future release in North America. One can only hope.

Sad days ahead...
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

Vikings didn't play a very important role in North America. They just found out they were here fairly recently.
/hides
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Perhaps if the Viking line is successful in Europe, we will see a future release in North America. One can only hope.
It sounded as if we, in America, will be able to get the Vikings through S@H. And maybe at the Lego stores. We can hope.

Even so, it is still another very disappointed move by Lego.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Dragonlord Esq. wrote:Vikings didn't play a very important role in North America. They just found out they were here fairly recently.
/hides
They fought the Skraeling? That was important...I guess... :?
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Dragonlord Esq. wrote:Vikings didn't play a very important role in North America. They just found out they were here fairly recently.
/hides
While maybe not IN AMERICA, but certainly North of America :P . Actually, it is well established that the Vikings were the first European settlers in North America. They settled for a short period, and then left.

Later.
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

the dino stuff is hideous its just a bunch of premolded dinos and dudes with large guns :cry:
that harry potter hasd two merfolk designs and grey/white hoods and white wings :D sadly the only good parts :cry:
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash