(unofficial) Minifig Review: Forestwoman

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Dragon Master
Merchant

(unofficial) Minifig Review: Forestwoman

Post by Dragon Master »

Join the (unofficial) weekly Classic Castle minifig review discussion. Please post your thoughts the design, color scheme, appeals, etc. Which minifigs can block the blow from our sword of assessment, and which ones are sliced in shame?

This week’s minifig is...Forestwoman!

The Forestwomen appears only in the majestic Forestmen's Crossing. This lovely lady features a unique torso, an interesting green cap, as well as green arms and legs.

Last edited by Dragon Master on Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Ahhhh, that daring decolletage! The color-coordinated do-rag! Pants in an era where they burned Joan for daring to wear men's stuff!

Sigh - she was so daring we never saw her again, except as her distant offspring, the Pirate Wench. Would that she and the rest of her forest folk reappear...

10/10.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Dada
Freeman

Post by Dada »

Nice...
The torso is not badly and she has green arms (I find that they are rare)

Still a minifig that I don't have and that I would never have... :(
Superdada, grand général des armées Léonidienne
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

My favorite from the old days. Sadly, I did not realize she would be rare, I did not realize it was the last Forestmen set, and I did not have much money, or I would have purchased many more Forestmen's Crossing sets.

I am very glad I still have the set, box, and instructions in perfect condition. :)

As a minfig, I think the forest woman is one of the best. The face is good without being overly detailed like many of the newer faces. The torso is also quite nice. Showing enough detail to let you know what it is supposed to represent without getting so detailed that it looks cluttered.

I was shocked to see that they are selling for $30 - $40 on BrickLink lately. So glad I kept mine...
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I like this idea of having a minifig review. Although using the weekly... post makes it seem more official. Perhaps I could start working on an image archive of figures, especially since the set archive is almost complete.

If anyone is willing to photograph good quality pictures of figs (you should own the rare figures) please contact me on this thread or by private message. Images of each fig should be large (800x600 pixels or larger) so they then could be shrunk down to the right sizes. Backgrounds should be white. Posterboard works well. Also, proper lighting should be used to not have too many shadows or a bright glare from a flash on a fig. The figs should not be on a baseplate.

If a photography volunteer helps out, I will definitely add a fig archive to the sets archive.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

I don't have many "rare" figs, but the ones that I do have I could help out. My oldest ones are these guys, if that will help you let me know.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Jamitjames,

Thanks for the offer to help :wink: But I am looking for someone who is an older collector who can make all of the figs from the 70's to today. It is more consistent to only have one or possibly two photographers. But thanks again.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

I like the cap, torso and legs, but I dislike the face a lot. The lips are waaaaaaaay to big and I don't like the bangs at all. I prefer LEGO's new female heads like Leia and Hermione.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Compared with today's ladies (Leia, Hermione, Queen Leonora, etc.), this head is rather bland and poor, but in its era, it was a nice change from smilies.

Apart from the head, this is a really great fig, if only because of its rarity. Both the rag and torso are priceless. (OK, that's not quite true. Bricklink will give you very specific prices.)

Hat/hair/helmet: 10/10
Head: 5/10
Torso: 9.5/10
Pants: 7/10

Overall Score: 7.875/10
:D
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

architect wrote:Hi Jamitjames,

Thanks for the offer to help :wink: But I am looking for someone who is an older collector who can make all of the figs from the 70's to today. It is more consistent to only have one or possibly two photographers. But thanks again.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
I have some of the older figs, like the 6040 Blacksmith, the forestwoman, the black knight from Castle Guard, the armor shopkeeper...

but I lack most of the stuff from the 90s, and the bigger sets from the 80s, so I don't have the princess from King's Mountain Fortress, I don't have any fright knights junk except willa, I don't have the two rare dark forest guys, any kings...
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Ben E. Wrote:
If anyone is willing to photograph good quality pictures of figs
Sure Ben, no problems. Me (and I believe Jojo) we'll be happy to take care of that :lol:
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Nice, well done fig. No clutter (on the face or on the torso), and, as has been stated, a nice change from male heads. Then there is the green rag. No more needs to be said on that point, right? :D My one and only dislike; I don't like the head. It just always reminded me of an evil wench, but the maid in the stories of Robin Hood was pretty. Very pretty. And I never thought of this head as a pretty face. But just my personal preference. But because of my dislike, I give it a 7.5/10. Otherwise it would be 9.75/10.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

She's one of the cooler figures. Mainly because female figs are so rare. I'm lucky enough to have two of them. Got one in the original set, and found another in a half set at a thrift store.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Alas, this is the one female castle fig I don't have, this set was never available here in my part of Canada and I never had the chance to purchase it. The one 6071 set I did buy off eBay had this fig in the picture, but the seller never sent it with the set. And wouldn't, said I hadn't bid/paid enough to get the fig. :x One of my only unhappy experiences on eBay.

As a fig, she is well designed and fit well with the rest of the Forestmen. I really like the torso and the hat rag, but I would probably use the Ice Planet babe's head in place of the one she has.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Great minifig. I especially like the green hat.

I have some minifigs from the late 80's and the 90's that I'd be willing to photgraph.

I've got the following figs:

Black Knights-I think I have all of them (can't think of any I don't have)
Dragon Masters-all of them
Fright Knights-none of them
Royal Knights-all of them except for the fig with the white torso and lion crest
Wolfpack-all of them
Forestmen-all except for the woman
Dark forest-only the two figs in the Bandit Ambush
Crusaders-all of them
Black Falcons-my brother has all of them :D
KK1 & 2-none at all (I could probably photograph Brickboy's KK1)
Classic Castle-none of them
Ninjas-my brother has most of them

I think that's it. Let me know if there are any more themes and I'll be glad to tell you what I have. Also let me know if you want to use me. My brother has a good camera and is a good photographer (he made my avatar for me).
Check out my LEGO Movies at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=88753 !