A Email I sent Lego, A reissue request fo 6059

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Re: A Email I sent Lego, A reissue request fo 6095

Post by dyntar »

Although it is a good set... by the way its number 6059 not 6095..
This set is basically an expansion to the Black monarchs castle 6085. I can't really see Lego reissuing this set with black walls with bluegrey highlights and releasing it with the classic figures. Whats the point in a castle wall expansion without a castle for it to be attatched to?

I don't know about a reissue.. but it would be a great set to have a remake of.

maybe it could be a gate house addition to the Dragons castle [if we ever get one] and the lions could be the ones with a giant crossbow. [think we have enough catapults in the current line]
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Re: A Email I sent Lego, A reissue request fo 6059

Post by davee123 »

Jamie Berard (LEGO designer still? I think he's been promoted a couple times) has told us that LEGO will probably not be doing any more re-releases of sets, thanks to their experiences with the Legend lineup. Most re-releases were targeted at the hobbyist market, and supposedly many had poor sales because people weren't interested in buying sets that they already owned.

Additionally, thanks to the color change (part quality from China wasn't a factor at the time, but probably would be now), many fans weren't interested in buying sets that wouldn't actually be true replicas of the sets they remembered. Replacement pieces also weren't accepted well (LEGO used a bunch in the re-released Main Street set, as I recall), and some were unfaithfully reproduced (like the Black Falcon torsos with the incorrect printing, or the front-facing injection point of the half-timbered walls).

In the end, LEGO decided that its efforts would be better spent actually creating NEW sets that were "in the spirit" of the old sets, such as 10176, which was intended to be a castle in the same "style" as 6090 and 6091. Hence, you're not likely to see any more re-releases of fully-fledged sets any time soon. They're not 100% out of the question, but probably best not to expect them.

DaveE
nanuck95
Court jester

Re: A Email I sent Lego, A reissue request fo 6059

Post by nanuck95 »

I can appreciate the nostalgia, I was around for many of the early castle sets, but didn't collect many of them as my brothers and I were more into space at the time. They are pretty cool, they did come with a lot of figs, and gave great ideas on the box of other stuff you could build out of it.

When I came back into Lego, I owned a grand total of 2 classic castle sets from my childhood, and have since purchased 20+ or so more off ebay and bricklink to get some of the cool ones I missed. While the old sets are pretty cool, and there is some nostalgia attached to them, I have to admit that the new sets are pretty cool as well, and it seems like most people have been pretty happy with Kingdoms so far.

This has been debated before on the forums, I'm sure if you search you can read all the discussions, there are great points on both sides. I think though, if you really take a look at what we have now, things have been pretty awesome for Castle builders. Especially if you consider the fact that we recently took a poll to pick the greatest castle set of all time, and the winner was a set released only 2 years ago. Clicky Link!.

Anyway, not trying to pick a fight, just giving you something to consider. It's easy to miss the good things happening now if you spend too much time looking back at the good things that happened before.