Demon Maw Clan

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Demon Maw Clan

Post by Legolas »

Thanks to a really cool friend of mine (lil jon) I can now showcase my Demon Maw Stickers on my actual figs ! :D

WOO HOO !!!

I really hated the fact that the Gamorrean Guards were all sand green, so I just had to paint the heck outta of them, as you can see they look pretty darn cool :D . The front 2 Gamorrean Gaurds are holding the Orc Demon Maw Oval Shields and 2 of Red Bean's Custom weapons (which are wicked cool). The other 2 Gamorrean Guards are holding the Orc Demon Maw Triangle Shields.

The Dobby's just didn't look very 'mean' as the tan shrimps that they were, so I painted them a dark green (IMO they look alot better). The dobby in the front has the Goblin Scout sticker; which is a poorly sewn human skin. (Oh yea, these little buggers get down right violent :wink: ) He also has a custom goblin bow made by yours truely . The dobby in the back has the Goblin Soldier sticker, the Goblin Demon Maw Triangle shield and a custom axe (modified and Chrometized by me). Oh and if you look really close you can see that he has a earring in one of his ears, cool huh ? 8) .

The yoda look-a-like has the Orc Commander sticker, a custom cloth hood, a custom staff made from......... *cough* MegaBloks *cough* and a custom made dagger. :D All customs made by me.

Their a small clan, but I've still got a few more to make. I'm just waiting on the pieces to come in from bricklink before I can proceed.

Incase you haven't seen my article which has these and the rest of my Orc/Goblin Faction Stickers you can find it here: The Demon Maw Collection

Well anyways let me know what you think.

OK, I'll shut up now... :mrgreen:

-- Joey
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

They look very cool :)
My creatures (they look bad) would probably run in fear when confronting one of them ;)
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

A real evil looking bunch! I can just see them hacking apart peasents in burning towns... I'll stay out of their way. great job, mate!
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

Very nice work! I think the paint job looks really neat and I love the red and orange eyes.. very scary! Red Beans custom weapons look good in the hands of the orcs and you bow and stickers are impressive, they add to the overall quality of the figures.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

These guys look wickedly cool!!! A great job, especially on the customs. The background you set them in looks good too.
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

Thanks Guys :)

And just think, it wouldn't have been possible if not for 'lil jon'

What a pal :D

-- Joey
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Very Cool,

You have some definite skills with the paint. I already told you how much I liked the stickers, but I must say that they looke even better on some figs. I like the painted Dobbys, I wish I had the skills/time to paint all 30 of mine like this. How sturdy is the custom bow? It looks good, but possibly only a showpiece. I really like the earing in the ear as well. Very Orc-like. :twisted:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I knew it'd be worth it to print the torsos/shields for you. Thanks for not letting me down.

You're faction of orcs looks great!
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

One word. AWESOME. These are great. I love the two little guys.The stickers look great and you did a great job painting them.

1000/10

:wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Looking good! I have made 2 tan ones withe the HP goblin heads and they are really cool.(to me any ways) I will post them as soon as I have the means to (no Camera :cry: ) to see what you all think of them.

Dave
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

You didn't completely paint Dobby's hands,otherwise great job...
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

You didn't completely paint Dobby's hands
Oh yeah, I see where you mean. If you want to use green hands I think that the Gamorreans colour is the closest you will get. That is the bad thing about painting parts like the hands which will move and hold pieces, they get the paint chipped off easily.

Jon.

TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

A wonderful tour de force of customizing. The stickers, the painting, and the modifying all come together to make a great mini-horde of goblins and orcs. Could I beg a few close-ups of the individual figs?

With the parts coming in to get my Dwarves going, I definitely ned to look into getting an Orc clan together. Very inspiring!
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

jon_p wrote:If you want to use green hands I think that the Gamorreans colour is the closest you will get.
Sorry I was wrong. You can get green minifig hands (http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?inv ... &invType=F) which, although they aren't the exact same colour as your painted Dobby, may be better than painted hands. Your decision though, I'm just pointing it out to you.

Jon.

Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

Thanks for all the wonderful comments you guys :)
Duke_Dave wrote:Looking good! I have made 2 tan ones withe the HP goblin heads and they are really cool.(to me any ways) I will post them as soon as I have the means to (no Camera :cry: ) to see what you all think of them.

Dave
Awesome, I can't wait to see them !! :D
Sir Vincent wrote:You didn't completely paint Dobby's hands,otherwise great job...
Actually, I did paint his intire hand, but exchanging weapons all the time tends to chip the paint (like Jon_p said). Just last night, I pulled the axe out of the goblins hand and the paint that 'was' on the inside of his hand, came off with the axe in one big flake..... :P
TwoTonicKnight wrote:A wonderful tour de force of customizing. The stickers, the painting, and the modifying all come together to make a great mini-horde of goblins and orcs. Could I beg a few close-ups of the individual figs?

With the parts coming in to get my Dwarves going, I definitely ned to look into getting an Orc clan together. Very inspiring!
Sure no problem, I'll have to take some pictures tomorrow, any of the figures in particular you'd like to see close ups of ? Hey cool, its not often that I inspire someone. :D

-- Joey