Minoboys Castle Gatehouse and Waterfall!

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
minoboys
Freeman

Minoboys Castle Gatehouse and Waterfall!

Post by minoboys »

I finally finished the castle moc I was working on over the school holidays. I got around to taking pictures of my castle and waterfall today. I think that's its my best moc yet. Hope you like it! The front 16x32 baseplate hinges out so you can get a good view of the waterfall and cliff with the castle. The left wall of the tower and gate house opens up. So you can see the interior. Down the bottom I've made a little shop and on the second story you've got the amory and the bunks for the guards. On the third floor there is a porch and bows to guard the towers.

Here is a link to the pictures. (Note there's a few other of my mocs on there, the one I finished today is at the bottom) I've never been able to upload them here. :?

https://lowlug.com/forum/bouwwerken-en-mocs- ... post-12033

All comments are welcome!
jtooker
Admin
Admin

Re: Minoboys Castle Gatehouse and Waterfall!

Post by jtooker »

Great MOC, I'm enjoying the differences between inside and outside the wall.

The stone technique is good - the decorative windows are fancy - great design.

The landscaping are nice too. I like the tiles mixed in with the road and think a few more tiles in the landscaping would work well.

The interior is fun - the bunked beds look crowded (likely accurate - but I'm glad I don't have to sleep there). The half timer part of the living area behind the wall is nice - it breaks up all the gray well. I'd suggest tiling the roof though (either in brown for wood or a dark bley/blue/black for slate).

The large paving stones through the gate itself work very well and I like how it transitions into a dirt/dry road inside the gate.