Army

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Master Blobicus
Apprentice

Army

Post by Master Blobicus »

Terribler army, I just wanted to make you people see it go on take a look private message the bad coments please post the good ones k.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=101880

Sooooo Bad, I'm so ashamed. Well I'm working on it this morning I added helmets.

thanks For Looking,
MB
could you tell me before you go back in time, I was talking to a robe on the coat rack for 20 minuets before I releized you left!
Bricksidge
Philosopher-King of the Gong Farmers

Re: Army

Post by Bricksidge »

Master Blobicus wrote:Terribler army, I just wanted to make you people see it go on take a look private message the bad coments please post the good ones k.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=101880

Sooooo Bad, I'm so ashamed. Well I'm working on it this morning I added helmets.
What?

I have no idea what you are trying to communicate, as I am sure many other readers are thinking too.

That first whole paragraph is one huge sentence, with perhaps 3 seperate thoughts...

Oh and also, that gallery is not yet moderated.
~[url=http://www.neutronbot.com/kevin/]Kevin Blocksidge[/url]
jon_p
Artisan

Re: Army

Post by jon_p »

Bricksidge wrote: Oh and also, that gallery is not yet moderated.
I cannot even access Brickshelf at all, for some strange reason?? :?
No links are working for me, does anybody else have a problem with it? If so I would say the server is down.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Last time I looked, the folder was unmoderated. Now Brickshelf does indeed seem to be down.
I believe Master Blobicus is asking for all positive comments to be posted in this thread and all negative comments sent to him via Private Message. I would like to point out that negative comments will not only help you improve your creations, but others reading them will be able to fix those same mistakes in their own creations. Therefore it is important to have both positive and negative opinions where everyone can see them.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Master Blobicus
Apprentice

Ok so just post all your comments on this its just I know these things can help you but save all your "smart" remarks for the private messages.

Thanks,
MB
could you tell me before you go back in time, I was talking to a robe on the coat rack for 20 minuets before I releized you left!
Tycho McKorley
Artisan

Post by Tycho McKorley »

It looks like you have a good start on an army there. I recommend you place custom torso stickers over all the "town" torsos. That way your forces will look a little more medieval.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tycho123]My Brickshelf Folder[/url]
Master Blobicus
Apprentice

I've asked this before but, How do I get the stickers
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Stickers? I don't think they're necessary. Blank torsos are all right for masses of troops (in fact, I actually prefer them), but you should try to break them up a little bit with different colored hips, legs or arms. You should also try to acquire some castle-friendly heads in addition to weapons and armor.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Master Blobicus
Apprentice

Dr. S wrote:

You should also try to acquire some castle-friendly heads

Well I like sun glasses on my figs so deal with it 8)
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Its a nice start to an army. We all start somewhere, don't be so down about! Your post seems very defeatist. My criticisms would also be about the post itself. Don't downplay your stuff (we can do that just fine :wink: ), and practice a modicum of grammar and spelling for our benefit.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Longbowmen
Peasant

Post by Longbowmen »

I think your army is HUGE. But i just don't get the feeling thats a medieval. I should use some torso stickers and get some weapons and amory.....But that's my opinion.
jwcbigdog
Apprentice

Post by jwcbigdog »

You have a nice start for an army, I would like to see the pictures once you have them equipped like you said you were going to. I think you may want to consider stickers on your more plain looking soldiers, either that or you could invest a small fortune in euro armor.

Now about your posts in this thread. When people give you constructive criticism, you should not be rude to them. I must admit that your army is not all that medieval looking and I don't like the sunglasses either. If you are going to post things for comment, you should be willing to accept them, the "smart comments" and all, and try to improve your creations through them. Many of the other members are nowhere near as rude as you have been with their posts, and any post, even negative ones, can help improve any creation. I think that you are really missing the point of posting, and if you can't improve your behavior you should not post any more. I would like to know other opinions on this matter, especially the admins. Let me know if you think I am out of line.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

You have a great start to an army there Blobicus. From what I counted you have aprox. 25-30 castle guys. That's a very nice start.

Now here are some link to stickers.

This is where I got most of my torso stickers http://www.classic-castle.com/howto/art ... rsos2.html

Shield stickers(ovoid) http://www.classic-castle.com/howto/art ... ields.html

A few things that you could use for those blue toros in your Royal Knight Army.

And I recomend goin to Bricklink and tryin to get some castle faces instead of those sunglasses. You8 may like them but they sure aren't castle. And if you don't want people to make fun of your army than get rid of the sun glasses.
Space rocks.
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

Finally this gallery is working for me.

As the others have said, you might want to dress your figs up a bit. Maybe a few helmets, couple of different torsos and a variation on the heads. Also, try and equip the rest of them.. they look a bit useless just by themselves. If you have any spare swords, lances or bows, and even just a bar to look like a stick.

Overall it looks ok but as Longbowmen said, it doens't really have a castle feeling. Try remove the obvious blunders *cough* star wars figs *cough* and your on your way to having a great army. :D

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

I like your army...it's artistic the way those guys have blank heads...and I always like seeing soliders that have the colors of official LEGO troops just without the shield emblem...just get rid of the town figs...